Friday 9 May 2014

Amy Mingkwan

Recently, i have been doing some pen and ink drawings on my final major project and it was suggested that i look at the work of Amy Mingkwan, a previous student at Chesterfield College who is now a surface pattern and textile designer creating beautiful and quaint images for print.



I love her controlled use of colour, often leaving areas blank in her work to show off the detail in the drawing rather than being distracted by colour. The combination of the two work really well together and i can easily see how her work could be printed and loved on fabrics. I have also found her use of pattern very interesting, the way that the images create a pattern, but each object is not the same; i am currently looking at using patterns on my final major project and so this will hopefully benefit my own work. 




No comments: